Disney Cruise Door Decorations

Disney cruise door decorations

‘WHERE’S MY JAR OF DIRT??’ Jack Sparrow Printable Cruise Door Magnet

Honeymoon cruise 2009 aboard the Disney Wonder, my husband and I return to deck 7 from an extensive exploration of the night club area (hey we had to drown our Bingo sorrows somewhere…)  and there we are, a little pixie tipsy and trying to find our stateroom among scores of never-ending hallways. I felt like Ringo in Yellow Submarine, where he keeps opening doors that have crazy parties and freight trains behind them.

Eventually we found our room, but I don’t think our mojitos had a whole lot to do with it. For the next few days, I was always headed down the wrong hallway and wishing I had Jack’s magic compass. During my ‘travels’, I saw my share of Disney cruise door decorations. So many celebrations! There were doors decorated for birthdays, reunions and honeymoons. When I finally found our own stateroom, I was a bit sorry about our naked door. Stateroom door decorations are a Disney Cruise tradition, and you don’t want your family to miss out on the fun!

facebook.com/iDestinations

We like you, too!

New this year, take note that Disney is prohibiting the use of tape of stateroom doors, in an effort to keep the doors looks Disney Perfect for each guest. We can, however, still use magnets! Simply print out the designs below and use sticky magnet strips on the back. Some designs need to be taped together because they are too big to print on a piece of paper.

disney cruise door decorations

Mickey Ears by ‘idrivealumina’

Here are a few ways to go about assembling your Disney cruise door decorations:

• Easy and Cheap: Print and scotch tape together, add sticky magnets to the back. This is the easiest and most inexpensive way to add door decorations, but they could get damaged in luggage, so put them in a folder when you pack.
  • Durable and Still Cheap: Print and sandwich between sheets of clear contact paper. Add magnets to the back
  • More work, But Will Last Forever: Print and add tape to the back to join pieces. Take your design to an office supply store to be laminated, or if you are an office nerd like me, on your home laminating machine. Add sticky magnets to the back
  • Probably Unnecessary Magnet Paper: You can buy magnetic paper that will feed into your home printer. Here are the reasons I don’t advise it. Some printers don’t like to accept this kind of paper, it can be pricey for just a few sheets, and you don’t have to have magnetic material all over the back to make the ears stick. . I say go with one of the methods listed above. A few strategically placed sticky magnets are more than enough to do the trick!

The following door decorations are always free (never pay on eBay for door decorations!)

Disney cruise door Decorations by Rain for DestinationDis.com:

(These link to PDF files! If you need jpg, let me know at rain[at]DestinationDis.com)

disney cruise door decoration magnet

‘Where’s my Jar of Dirt??’ Jack Sparrow Disney cruise Door Decoration

I thought it would be funny to put an anxious Jack at sea, unable to find his jar of dirt! When my motion-sickness meds wore off, I felt this way!

DOWNLOAD & PRINT: PAGE 1 | PAGE 2

Disney cruise door magnet

Simba Ears Disney Cruise Door Decorations

My sister wanted Simba, so here he is!

DOWNLOAD & PRINT: 1 PAGE

custom disney cruise door decoration

Little Mermaid Disney Cruise Door Decorations

Disney at sea? You have to give props to Ariel!

DOWNLOAD & PRINT: 1 PAGE

disney cruise door decoration ideas

Rainbow Pride Mickey Ears

Bright ears that are sure to make your stateroom the easiest to find!

DOWNLOAD & PRINT: 1 PAGE

disney cruise door decoration christmas

Christmas Light Mickey Ears

Lights you don’t have to untangle on your holiday cruise! DOWNLOAD & PRINT: 1 PAGE

disney cruise door decoration

Grandma and Grandpa’s Stateroom

We wanted the kids to find Gma & Gpa’s room very easily. Now they can’t miss it!

DOWNLOAD & PRINT: PAGE 1 | PAGE 2

Woody Disney Cruise Door Ears

Woody Stateroom Ears

As a special request, I built these Woody ears for a DestinationDis.com Facebook fan.

DOWNLOAD & PRINT

Jessie Disney Cruise Door Ears

Jessie Stateroom Ears

As a special request, I built these Jessie ears for a DestinationDis.com Facebook fan.

DOWNLOAD & PRINT

Stitch Ears Disney Cruise Stateroom Door

by ‘idrivealumina’

The idea here is that the round stateroom design is perfect for adding a pair of Mickey ears to. This has sprouted all kinds of Disney character ‘ears’, far beyond just Mickey, and they do take requests.

Do you have a stateroom door number design idea that hasn’t been made yet? Suggest a design below and I’ll create your ears to print out for free!

The following two tabs change content below.
I am a travel agent affiliated with Magical Moments Vacations, an IATAN and CLIA certified agency. Magical Moments Vacations is also an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.. this is an honor reserved for a select group of agencies who have demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience in planning Disney vacations. I am also a graduate of The Disney College of Knowledge, ready to find your family the BEST vacation for the value!

Latest posts by Rain Blanken-Turner (see all)

This entry was posted in Disney Cruise Line. Bookmark the permalink.

51 Responses to Disney Cruise Door Decorations

1. Cheryl Toon says:

Hi! I found your site doing a very long search for magnet ideas. I love the lifesaver that surrounds the portal and reads “Grandma & Grandpa”. Is there anyway to change this to read PaPa and (spelled out) Ray Ray”. I realize this is a crazy request…we leave this Saturday…Totally understand if you’re busy and no time to fulfill. I appreciate you sharing your awesome work!!

My parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and we wanted to decorate their door.

2. Amber says:

Thank you so much for these designs – love them! My daughter is so excited to decorate our cruise cabin door! Any chance you could make me a grandparents one that says “Grandma & Papa”? Thanks!

3. Annemarie says:

My partner would love some Duffy bear ears if you are able to do this? Love your designs they are so different to the others I’ve seen :)

4. Kris says:

Love the Grandma and Grandpa! However, we are sailing next week for our 25th anniversary. Can the words be changed or removed? We would love for it to say “Happy Anniversary” or “Happy 25th Anniversary”. Thank you so very much.

5. msmom says:

I love your mickey stateroom ears. My favorite are the tangled lights! how cute! thanks!

6. EtetPaype says:

I am going to print out the lightbulb ones for our cruise this November. Thanks!

7. RoastyToasty says:

I love the simba stateroom ears. we didn’t even know that you could put decorations on your stateroom door on a disney cruise. Thanks!

8. Spuds says:

Can you make stitch ears for my disney cruise door?

9. daisyfan says:

Do you know where I could get Daisy Duck stateroom ears? I’m not even sure what it would look like, but that’s what I want lol

10. Aqualady says:

I would like to have an ariel, but like her hair or something? is that too weird?

11. Oliver says:

Mickey ears are the cutest, but I like all of the variations. thanks, I am printing the holiday ones!

12. Kristinsgril says:

Thank you!! We are going to walt disney world then on a disney cruise and these are perfect!

13. Disneybound says:

Thanks for that awesome posting. It saved me so MUCH time, I printed my ears, then attached little magnets instead of buying the magnet paper :-)

14. Bart231 says:

Any idea how I could get a lilo one done?

15. Cora says:

Thanks but I am just going to stick some of our disney magnets on our door. we have so many on the fridge, I will just pack those!

16. Jarrod says:

I love the creativity here, I tried to cut out a poster to put on our dor, but it didn’t work out. I think I”ll just print out yours, lol. Thanks again.

17. CreativeJane says:

Just wanted to say thank you for posting all of the stateroom ears. I love it!

18. Carole says:

Could you print the Mickey ears door design with Grandmother & Granddaddy on it (instead of Grandma & Grandpa), and also Great-Grandmother & Great-Granddaddy on another one. Either the plain Mickey ears or the Captain Mickey would be great. Thank you so much! C.F.

19. JANE WHITE says:

LOVE YOUR CREATIONS CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE THE GRANDMA & GRANDPA TO READ GRAMMY & GRAMPS, ALSO DO YOU MAKE THEM I AM NOT THAT CRAFY. IF SO WOULD LIKE A COUPLE OF THEM FOR THE OTHER CABINS. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MICKEY MUCH.

20. Vila says:

THanks for the ears!

21. militarymom says:

Our famiyl wants to vacation at walt disney world, then to the cruise. i know this might not be the right place to ask. is there a discount happening now?

22. Sallysmom says:

I love the mickey light ears, too. this is so cute, and i will be adding it to our door on our upcoming holiday cruise!

23. overhtehill says:

Thank you for letting us have these disney ears for free? i don’t know if i like the designs that aren’t ears.

24. smokeless cigarettes says:

Wow, we are seriously considering a Disney vacation, now. Thank you!

25. Route 66 History says:

Love these stateroom ears! Thanks for posting, we are downloading some for our trip next May!

26. BlackD says:

Thank you for posting these! I used printable magnet paper and it worked just fine.

27. combomom says:

Thanks for that awesome post. It saved me sooo much time on decorating our stateroom door. :)

28. bluetoothed says:

Thank you for the free printable mickey ears! I thought we would have to find this somewhere to buy after seeing these on some stateroom doors on the Disney Wonder.

29. Ringer Starred says:

Is there a way to print these on magnet paper? I am guessing that I just get the magnet paper and it will have instructions. Thanks for posting these printable ears. We’re making some for the grandparents!

30. Thank you so much for this email! I love the designs so much.
    Would you mind terribly trying to put together a kung fu panda one with the piece at the bottom like the grandma and grandpa room so we can write our names on it?
    We are a family of black belts and thought this would be a fun door hanger for us.
    Thank you so very much!
    Jen Ferber

31. BoomMan says:

Thanks, I downloaded my simba stateroom door ears today!

32. Nathan says:

Just wanna say thanks, I’m glad these are free. I didn’t have trouble with mine, we used contact paper.

33. SimbaFan says:

I found tha tcontact paper works best. It’s cheap and easier than laminating, I think. We just put magnets on the back. oh yeah, we love the simba ears!

34. Mitch says:

What a cool idea! I might design my own, but I love the christmas mickey ones.

35. Richard says:

any chance you could do a dumbo pattern? i’m going on my first Disney cruise this May and would love to be able to put Dumbo’s ears on the door!

36. PlutoTags says:

This is just what we needed for our door. You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.

37. Peggy says:

could you design ears that say Nanny & Papa similar to the Grandma and Grandpa ones?

38. RichH says:

thank you for making these! now I can find my cousin’s cabin without having a lot of trouble. he’ll have the rainbow ears!

39. hoffsteader says:

Thanks for putting the work into these, we downloaded the christmas mickey.

40. KatyBug says:

we are cruising next fall and these are going to be perfect, thank you!

41. Sarah says:

These are great mickey ears, thank you for sharing them! We are printing out Simba for our cruise door.

42. amazonian says:

Love this idea. Can you make a pair for Hercules? Maybe Pegasus?

43. gooddealdad says:

stateroom mickey ears… I like this. We saw some decorations on our last cruise and were wondering what it was all about. I printed out the ones for gma & gpa thanks!

44. holidaycruiser says:

yay for christmas mickey ears!

45. 2011 cruiser says:

my printer is not printing in color, so i will have to take these to kinkos. but worth it. we are traviling with my whole family and this is going to make it so easy to find our doors. thank you!

46. Cindy says:

Hi! I love these! I have to say though my printer does not do so well printing out quality stuff. Also I have about zero craft skills. Is there any way to get this done for me…anywhere by anyone? Do you know?

Thanks!

-Cindy

47. captainjack says:

Wow, these are cool, the jack sparrow one is so funny!

48. Hookmania says:

Do you have any villains like the previous commenter suggested? I want a captain hook! Arrrrr!

49. Charlotte says:

Hi If you can make Cruella or Malificent I would appreciate it. My mom is a villian fanatic and it would be perfect on her statesroom door! Thank you

50. diablo 3 says:

I don’t know if we will end up getting the magnet paper, with just a 4 day cruise, I think that the paper and little magnets will work. Thanks, we are going to use the christmas lights mickey ears on our stateroom door.

51. epcotcrawler says:

Okay, we are headed out to disney world, but I thinkt he door there might be metal, too. i’m going to put these on there. do they allow that to happen? guess i will find out!